Get ready to make memories when attending one of many local events. The Great Jones County Fair, held Mid-July in Monticello, is the oldest and one of the largest fairs in the state. Each year, the fair rocks to some of the best concerts, has tractor and truck pulls, harness racing and one of the largest 4-H and livestock shows of any fair in Iowa. A parade kicks off the Wyoming Fair, which includes many activities for those who attend the 3-day event. Enjoy a crisp fall day at the Ryan Norlin Giant Pumpkin Weigh-Off & Anamosa Pumpkinfest where record-breaking GIANT pumpkins are brought in, and Main Street is packed with an assortment of unique vendors. Check out the calendar where awesome local events are always happening.
– Visit the Bud and Georgia Johnson Accessible Miniature Golf Course and attend the dedication at 12:30 PM
– Train Rides – 8:00 AM to Noon
– Ride the Zipline – $10/rider – 8:00 AM to Noon
– “East Side Big Band” live music in Sill Barn – 9:30 AM
– Visit the Mainliner Memorial Park
– See the Rotary Musical Park
– Fruitcakes for sale
– Tours of the camp will be available throughout the event. Camp store will be open to purchase Camp Courageous clothing and other items. View a presentation about Camp in the main office. All areas of the camp will be open for guests to visit.